Temecula Valley Rose Society
This page may appear better if viewed in landscape orientation.
- AUDIT: Meets once a year in February to review prior year accounting records, bank
reconciliations, deposits, and receipts.
- BEAUTIFICATION: A branch of Community Outreach assists in local community
projects with planning and planting of roses at various schools, libraries, or other
- BUDGET: Meets once a year early in January to plan budget for new fiscal year.
- BY-LAWS: Reviews our Bylaws for appropriateness. Meets only as needed.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Provides meeting and special announcement or advertising
information via newspapers, website, telephone, newsletter and other media.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Prepare rose bouquets and take to various local facilities,
library, chamber of commerce, theater, city hall, etc. Also, very active in local youth
garden activities at schools, and Boys and Girls Club. Weekly and monthly activities.
- GARDEN WORKSHOPS: Teach or assist with visitors and members at our educational
workshops at Rose Haven Garden. Meets the third Saturday each month except July and
- HISTORIAN: Maintains historical records of the society.
- HOSPITALITY: Provide food for our member meeting luncheon.
- CLUB LIBRARIAN: Provides Society owned books and materials at the member
meetings for members to take home and read.
- MEMBERSHIP: Maintains the membership information and seeks to unite new members
into the Society.
- PROGRAMS: Provides interesting speakers or programs for our member meetings.
- PUBLICATIONS: Accumulates monthly articles and edits information for eNewsletter.
- ROSE HAVEN GARDEN: Volunteers work together at our public garden pruning,
planting, deadheading, weeding generally every Wednesday and Saturday
morning. Picnics, BBQ, and other gatherings. Development committee meets the fourth
Saturday every month at the garden.
- ROSE & ART FESTIVAL: Our grand public event once a year the first weekend in May
to display our specimens, arrangements and artwork. All members encouraged to
participate. Meets once a month immediately following the member meeting.
- TELEPHONE: Once a month phone or email members to remind them of the upcoming
- WAYS & MEANS: Develops drawings, auctions, or other means to raise funds for the
Society to be used as scholarships, education, community outreach or other activities.
- YOUTH GARDENING: Families in the Garden has interesting speakers and hands-on
activities for younger children and their families. Youth Gardening utilizes the Tree of
Life garden in learning how to plant, harvest and care for vegetables.
- To inquire about joining a commitee phone 951-526-7436 (leave a message) or
by email at RosehavenTemecula@gmail.com