Temecula Valley Rose Society

Board Committee Minutes




Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes
Atria Vintage Hills, 41780 Butterfield Stage Road, Temecula
Thursday, January 14, 2016

Present: Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Virginia Boos, Jeanne Brubaker, Frank Brines, Betty Dixon, Patricia Hirsch, Rebecca Weersing, Kathy Turgeon, Denise Vaccaro.
Absent: Barb Purdy, Ann Schryer

Meeting called to order at 10:00AM by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim.
Minutes of December, 2015 meeting approved as read.

Treasurer's Report (detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes)

Motions passed
Motion to ratify November check's - #2415 - 2422, plus water and electric auto pay - $960.73.
Motion to accept new members Dorothy & Bob Crain.

Report
1. Bonnie will send an organization list to all board members before the next board meeting.
2. Silver Honor Medal Committee chair, Frank reports that no member in our group meets the criteria for the medal. Voting takes place in March before the Southwest District Convention.
3. Opportunity Table chair, Jeanne reports that the Christmas Boutique went very well. She still needs gardening and quality items for January and will continue the auction format.
4. The 2016 Rose Show chair, Rebecca, will hold a Rose Show meeting after the general meeting 1/21. She will provide upcoming programs on "How to Exhibit Roses," and training for clerks and runners will take place before the April Rose Show.
5. Membership - yearly dues are due in January and February.
6. Rebecca reports that there will be a Youth Gardening Program on 2/16 - They will harvest lettuce, plant onions and have some crafts available.
7. Program chair, Patricia, reports that Feb. meeting is a panel discussion with members, Virginia, Denise and Simmone. The program will be: "Your questions answered about Roses." Issues on the budget regarding speakers were discussed. Patricia will work with each speaker on an individual basis.
8. Community Education chair, Frank is working on ARS school being held at the Assistance League on October 15th, 16th. He is still looking into hotels for that weekend.
9. Phyllis reports that the erosion control project has begun. They have had to put some work on hold until the ground dries out. So far, Rose Haven has not suffered too much damage from the rains except for the pond but, that is minimal.

NEW BUSINESS
1. Rebecca reports that the Roripaugh Foundation was in contact with the TVRS to find out if we are interested in applying for a $12,500 grant. A letter of inquiry is due April 1st. A meeting will be held at Rose Haven at 10:00am on Wednesday, January 27th at Rebecca's office, 31285 Temecula Parkway, #255 to discuss the grant issues.

2. January Membership Meeting: Kathy and Frank will work at the renewal table, and Virginia will work at the check in table at the January General Meeting.

3. The Communication issues and the August Meeting debate will be discussed at the February Board Meeting.

Meeting adjourned at 11:30pm by Co-President Phyllis
Next meeting 10:00 AM on Thursday, February 11, 2016 at Atria Vintage Hills, 41780 Butterfield Stage Road, Temecula CA
Respectfully submitted, Kathy Turgeon, Secretary