Temecula Valley Rose Society
Finance Committee Minutes
August 9, 2016
Members in attendance: Bonnie Bell, Rebecca Weersing, Kathy Katz
Called to order at 1:08 pm.
1. Reviewed June and July Financial Reports for Board meeting Thursday, August 11, 2016.
2. MOTION: To approve June disbursements: Checks 2469 - 2473 plus auto-pay water and electric $1066.61.
To approve July disbursements: Checks 2474 - 2477 plus autopay electric $808.08.
3. Grants/long term funding/endowments:
Rose Haven Projects: Education Shelter, Driveway, Benches at pond.
Grant sources: Pursue available grants from Pechanga and City of Temecula for shelter project. - Kathy.
Roripaugh declined our Letter of Intent for shelter in the education area.
Additional estimates to be obtained for driveway repair and asphalt. Virginia
4. Fund Raising: Suggest November 5th plant sale at Rose Haven. Resource is Scott who will donate approximately 100 rose bushes to arrive in 5 gallon pots.
5. Opportunity Table - temporary chairperson is Virginia for September.
6. Reviewed 2nd quarter Budget to Actual.
Completed: Supervisor of Riverside granted $1000 for shelter project.
Brochures - 250 were printed.
Submitted, Bonnie Bell, Treasurer