Temecula Valley Rose Society
Finance Committee Minutes
February 9, 2016
Members in attendance: Bonnie Bell, Frank Brines, Ron Rumbold, Rebecca Weersing
Special Guest: Francesca Calabro
1. Francesca gave a presentation on 5K runs organizations use to raise money for Rose Haven. After discussing many scenarios it was decided to have an event at Rose Haven and combine with the Third Saturday Families in the Garden in April 2017. Several activities were suggested but a 5K run was ruled out. She will contact event coordinators to visit the garden and give us suggestions.
2. Reviewed January Financial Reports for Board meeting Thursday February 11, 2016. Reports are available to members upon request to the Treasurer.
3. MOTION: To approve January disbursements.
4. Pursue Restaurant Nights as a means of income. Jeanne.
5. Grants/long term funding/endowments:
Rose Haven Projects: Sun-shelter, Driveway
Grant committee will send letter of intent to Roripaugh for sun-shelter - due April 1.
Other sources of grants: Pechanga, Riverside Supervisors, Riverside Community Foundation. Eagle Scout leader may choose a smaller project.
Completed: Resource materials of fund raising methods located in Rebecca's office.
Adjourn: 2:40 pm
Submitted, Bonnie Bell, Treasurer