January 8th, 2015  Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes

Assistance League of Temecula, 28720 Via Montezuma, Temecula CA

 

Present:  Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Linda Black, Frank Brines Jeanne Brubaker, Ann Coakes ,Barb Purdy, Ron Rumbold, Rebecca Weersing, Kathy Turgeon

Absent: Denise Vaccaro

Guests Ann Schryer

 

Meeting called to order at 10:08 AM by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim

Minutes of December 2014 meeting approved as read

 

Treasurer's Report (detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes

 

Ratified checks

 Dec. #2329 2332 = 108.75 + AutoPay  Electric: $27.28 and water: $270.30  Total = $406.33            

 

Motions passed

Motion to accept resignation with regret of Ann Coakes as VP of membership, Jan. 2015.

Motion to accept Ann Schryer to the 2015 TVRS Board of Directors

Motion to accept new members, Diane and Walt Kilmer

Motion to accept Ann Schryer as V.P. Membership

 

Action Items Completed

► P.O Box keys - signed in and out by Bonnie Bell, Frank Brines and Rebecca Weersing

► The Board pledges obligations were gone over by Phyllis and a time line was discussed.

► Phyllis passed out the January meeting food sign-up sheet.

► The organization chart was passed out by Phyllis and all it was discussed and filled in.  Phyllis will complete and pass out at the board meeting.

► We discussed the January and February 2015 Activity calendar and will table the rest of the year until the next board meeting.

 

ACTION ITEMS PENDING

► Galway Downs project- Frank is still waiting to hear.

► Rose Show location at Mall - Ann called but was unable to connect with the manager.  She will continue to work on it.

► Opportunity table drawing changes.  January will be an experiment with the opportunity drawing tickets.

► A ticket will be given out at the door to each person entering.  The door ticket will be marked differently than the tickets sold by Frances and Tony at the Opportunity table.  

► Rebecca will chair a 3- person committee which will investigate legal responsibilities re. Rose Haven (signage, police protection, etc.)

 

Reports

► 2015 Rose Show Frank will contact the Assistance League reserving the room for the Rose Show and let us know at the next meeting.

► 2014 Christmas Party - It was suggested that next year we need to have a sign-up sheet for the dishes people will bring.

► Taco Party May 3rd, we are planning for 50 people to attend. Cost is: $375.  We need 32 people to breakeven.  But we will need more tables and chairs and possible a flyer to pass out.

► Programs- Linda also reports that we have 76 members on Meetup and that she has linked Meetup to TVRS Home Page.  

► Rose Haven - Phyllis reports there are 3 breaks in the water faucets after the snow storm.  We also had some publicity pictures of the proposal of a couple at a snowy, December Rose Haven Heritage Garden.

► Committee reports Rebecca says that all committee heads should send their reports to John Weersing last week of the month but the minutes of individual meetings should be sent to John anytime during the month.

 

New Business

► Ron has scheduled the Strategic Planning Meeting for the next board meeting in February.  He asks that we look at the last four items under Weakness and come to the meeting prepared with ideas, suggestions.

► We talked briefly about the Sunshine Committee.  Phyllis will to see if Peggy will continue to be the chairperson and the committee will begin to follow some specific guidelines on how the information is obtained so that cards can be sent out in a timely manner.  

 

Meeting adjourned at 11:39 am Co-President Phyllis

Next meeting 10:00AM, February 12th, at the Assistance League of Temecula, 28720  Via Montezuma,  Temecula CA

 

Respectfully submitted,

Kathy Turgeon

Secretary