February 12th, 2015

Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes

Assistance League of Temecula, 28720 Via Montezuma, Temecula CA

 

Present:  Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Frank Brines Barb Purdy, Ron Rumbold, Rebecca Weersing, Ann Schryer, Denise Vaccaro, Kathy Turgeon

Absent: Linda Black, Jeanne Brubaker, Ann Coakes

          

Meeting called to order at 10:00 AM by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim

Minutes of January, 2015 meeting approved as read

Treasurer's Report (detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes)

 

Ratified checks

Dec. #2333-2341 = 108.75 + AutoPay  Electric: $28.11 and water: $146.84 Total = $1,567.38

 

Motions passed

• Motion to ratify checks for January

• Motion to accept new member, Francesca Lombardo

 

Action Items Completed

• Rose Haven – Several members helped in pruning the garden last Saturday.

• Rebecca reports that Rose Haven will be closed once a year which qualifies it as a private property

• Opportunity Drawing – If someone asks for a ticket, they can receive a free one.

 

ACTION ITEMS PENDING

• Galway Downs project- Frank is still waiting to hear from owner.

• Membership Committee will rework membership form and bring to the board for their approval.  Ann • Schryer will become the administrator of Temecula Valley Rose Society Facebook page.

• A donation form will be sent to John Weersing by Bonnie for the TVRS website.

Replacement letter will be sent to Ann Coakes to present to Pechanga for sponsorship.

 

Reports

• 2015 Rose Show – Frank needs more volunteers for the Rose Show Committees. TVRS Rose show will be on April 25 at the Assistance League building on Montezuma.

• Rose Haven - Phyllis reports that Nardo is going to spray for weeds this month and will also prune in sections of the garden. Ron asked for Master Gardeners to help with pruning.

• Rebecca says that all committee heads should send their reports to John Weersing last week of the month but the minutes of individual meetings should be sent to John anytime during the month.

• 2015 Calendar – Send all information for the calendar to Rebecca

• Strategic Planning - Ron gave us a SWOT report and pointed out four areas of concern which were discussed. Committee heads will be involved in implementing in mentoring new members and in other areas.

• Youth Gardening – 3rd Saturday program will be on “Birds,” and making bird feeder crafts.

 

NEW BUSINESS

• We talked briefly about the Sunshine Committee.  Peggy and Jeannie will continue as the contact people.

• The family and friends of Denise Vaccaro gave a donation in her name for the Hall of Fame garden and the “Dana Garden,” on February 1, 2015.

• Frank will conduct a propagation workshop in March.  It will be a fundraiser.

 

Meeting adjourned at 11:55 am by Co-President Phyllis

Next meeting 10:00 AM on March 12th, at the Assistance League of Temecula,

 28720 Via Montezuma,  Temecula CA

 

Respectfully submitted, Kathy Turgeon, Secretary