Temecula Valley Rose Society
Board Committee Minutes
Board Meeting Minutes
Thursday, December 10, 2015 Temecula Valley Rose Society
Atria Vintage Hills, 41780 Butterfield Stage Road, Temecula
Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Frank Brines, Betty Dixon, Barb Purdy, Ron Rumbold, Rebecca Weersing, Kathy Turgeon, Denise Vaccaro, 2016 Board member: Virginia Boos
Ann Coakes, Jeanne Brubaker, Ann Schryer
The meeting was called to order at 10:00 AM by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim
The Minutes of the November, 2015 meeting approved as corrected
Treasurer's Report: (A detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes)
● Motion to ratify November check's - #2409-2414, plus auto pay water and electric, $854.63
● Motion to accept the 2016 budget
● Motion to accept new slate of officers for 2016
● There was a discussion on the opportunity table tickets. It was suggested that 3 tickets for $5.00 works well but 7 for $10.00 would be more motivating for ticket buyers. The November opportunity table was very successful and the format should be carried into the new year.
● The 2016 Rose Show date is, Friday & Saturday, April 22 & 23 and will be held at the Assistance League.
● Rebecca has completed the schedule. When Jim and Laurie Moss return in January the room design will be worked on. There will be a list of volunteer positions and opportunities at upcoming meetings.
● Membership dues are now due for the year 2016. Membership opportunity form (to record your hours) is on the TVRS website.
● Barb reports that the January program for "Families in the Garden" will be on "Planting herbs and winter vegetables." Plans for The Tree of Life Garden will be worked on in 2016.
● Frank has been working on the Arrangement School which will take place in October of 2016. He is in the process of setting a date. The venue will be the Marriott Hotel on Madison Ave. in Murrieta.
The erosion control project: The board has decided to table the vote until Bonnie can talk to Bryan. She will ask him to give us a more detailed, legible description and bid on the erosion control project. Then after the board members have looked at it we will vote.
● The Christmas Party menu was discussed. Frank will check with Ann regarding the Christmas baskets.
● Rebecca announced the 2016 slate of officers. They are: Co-Presidents, Phyllis Bettelheim, Rebecca Weersing, Programs: Patricia Hirsch, Membership: Ann Schryer, Secretary: Kathy Turgeon.
● Ron Rumbold thanked everyone on the board who he has worked with over the past eleven years. He will remain on the Finance Committee but not on the board.
Meeting adjourned at 11:37 AM by Co-President Phyllis.
Next meeting 10:00 AM on Thursday, January 14th at Atria Vintage Hills, 41780 Butterfield Stage Road, Temecula CA.
Respectfully submitted, Kathy Turgeon, Secretary.