Temecula Valley Rose Society

TVRS Board Committee Minutes




April 9th, 2015
Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes
Assistance League of Temecula, 28720 Via Montezuma, Temecula CA

Present:
Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Linda Black, Frank Brines, Jeanne Brubaker, Betty Dixon, Barb Purdy, Ron Rumbold, Rebecca Weersing, Ann Schryer, Kathy Turgeon, Denise Vaccaro
Absent: Ann Coakes
Guests: Joycelyn Black

Meeting called to order at 10:11 AM by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim.
Minutes of March, 2015 meeting approved as corrected.
Treasurer's Report (detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes).

Motions passed
• Motion to ratify checks plus auto-pay for March - #5856-2359.
• Motion to accept new members: Carol and Jim Marietti.
• Motion to vote for Bob Martin to be ARS V.P.
• Motion to support the referendum regarding candidate elegibility.

Reports
• Frank is working on judges, schedules, refreshments and awards. Committee is working on all areas of the show.
• Membership Chair, Ann is working on the new Member Orientation, April 12, 11:00pm. Several committee chairs will be there to give short talks.
• Youth Gardening Chair, Barb reports that March program was successful. The next meeting is April 18th on Earth Day. Program is: Reduce, Recycle, Reuse.
• There will be an ad hoc committee of Ann, Denise & Rebecca to discuss a "Friends of the Garden Membership," aimed at the Youth Gardening parents.
• Rebecca reports that the Member Garden Tour will begin at Rose Haven and will proceed to Virginia Boos, Barb Purdy, Ron & Sochi's and Ann Schryer. Luncheon place to be announced in May.

ACTION ITEMS PENDING
• Tree of Life - Rebecca reports the project is under review.
• Galway Downs project - Frank will continue to investigate.
• Phyllis passed around the Taco Party sign-up sheet - event is on May 3rd. Get there at 5:00 pm for social hour. Rebecca suggests we look to Abbey Rents for chair rental.
• Rose Haven projects - Phyllis reports Helping Hands will be spreading mulch on April 25th and that two trees have been cut down.

ACTION ITEMS COMPLETED
Phyllis gave a report on the Pechanga grant request that she pursued. The TVRS received a generous check. She will be sending them a thank you for their donation.

NEW BUSINESS
• Rebecca will be passing out a questionnaire at the June Meeting regarding mtg. improvement ideas.
• Bonnie, Frank and Sochi will be working on the opportunity table.
• Flowers for Friends - Ann and Peggy will try and recruit new members on this committee.
• The awards committee will give recognition to Laurie and Jim Moss for their extensive work at Rose Haven and on the Rose Show.
• Rebecca brought up a new project for Friday, April 24th for the city of Temecula "Taste of Temecula." She and Frank will put together 15 centerpieces for the city hall event.

Meeting adjourned at 12:14pm by Co-President Phyllis.

Next meeting 10:00 AM on May 14th , at the Assistance League of Temecula, 28720 Via Montezuma, Temecula CA
Respectfully submitted, Kathy Turgeon, Secretary.