November 14, 2013 Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes
at the Assistance League of Temecula, 28720 Via Montezuma, Temecula CA
Meeting called to order at 10:18 am by President Frank Brines. A quorum was present.
Present: Phyllis Bettelheim, Frank Brines, Barb Purdy, Ron Rumbold, Kathy Turgeon, Lenore Vogel, Peggy Whitney.
Absent: Linda Black, Jocelyn Black, Jeanne Brubaker. Ann Coakes, Denise Vaccaro, Rebecca Weersing
October minutes were approved as read.
Treasurer's Report (Detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes)
Wells Fargo bank balances as of October 31, 2013.
Money Mkt. $1,846.98
Petty Cash $ 40.00
Opportunity table $ 98.00
Rose Haven Donations $ 00.00
ratify auto-pay utilities electric $27.42 and utilities water $154.57 and $132.19 for a total of $324.48
· Accept new member Karen Lilley-Halapoff
· Direct Secretary to contact insurance company to raise individual injury coverage from $10,000 to $50,000 per incident - cost at present $635 additional per year
· Authorize Treasurer to transfer $653.00 from Wells Fargo checking to savings for additional reserve funds, totaling $2500.00 year-to-date
· Authorize $120 expense for additional 8 members of Finance Committee and Board who attended November 9, 2013 conference on fund raising
· Accept Rebecca Weersing's forgiveness of $4750.00 Rose Haven Development loan from 2007. Funds to be recognized as income for 2013.
Action items completed
· Motion regarding Board cash donations is added to the Society's Standing Rules
· Fund raising dinner. was held evening of October 17 at California Pizza Kitchen - $106.00 collected
· Temporary directional signage needed at Rose Haven- Ann Coakes is preparing
· Nominating Committee report for 2014. President Frank Brines, VP Programs Jeanne Brubaker, VP Membership Ann Coakes, CFO Bonnie Bell, Secretary Phyllis Bettelheim
Action items pending
· Galway Downs - early 2014 - Frank
· Donation pledges by Board members who missed October meeting - due at December Board meeting
· Bronze medal report - December meeting - Rebecca
· Society history needs to be collected - Wayne is working on this
· Develop procedure for calendar postings - Communications committee
· Macy's "Shop for a Cause" - after 1st of year -- Kathy T
· Rose Show - Linda
· Keyways Winery inquiry - Phyllis
· Portable amplification system – Frank
· Another Harveston arrangement class will be held on December 5.
· Ron will chair Annual Meeting portion of November general meeting
· Yearly report due from all committee chairs for display at November 21 Annual meeting
Meeting adjourned at 11:45
Next meeting 10 00 am, December 12 at the Assistance League 28720 Via Montezuma, Temecula CA
Respectfully submitted, Phyllis Bettelheim Secretary